Saturday 14 July 2012

James 3:4

Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. (KJV 1611)


James was in the middle of a discussion about taming the tongue, but I caught an analogy in above; we are the ships, life is the fierce winds, and the governor, naturally, is God.

All part of this treasure hunt I'm on.

Today went really well.  They've asked if I can do it again sometime, and of course I said I would, but still I wasn't 100% satisfied.  Still I'm too hard on myself.  And still I have these niggles with the church.  Slowly, these concerns are becoming more organised, and each time I lay it before Him, it starts making more and more sense.....and then wonder if He wants me to kick off what I think the churches should be doing - and I wouldn't know where to start.  And now I'm worried for us, because we have ended up a little, erm, rudderless lately, with sabbaticals and sicknesses, one of whom I regard as a very close brother in Christ.  It is serious but not terminal, it will need some recovery time and I'm not the only one who's going to miss him.  The good news is that there are two external pastors willing to make sure we stay standing and don't drift (or at least have an anchor we can borrow).

I was prayed for today to receive more glory, to show myself a carrier of God's glory, for my ministry to expand, for my burdens to be lifted.  Oh yes, and for an open door.

I really could do with one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment