Tuesday 7 August 2012

Kingsway 7th August

Title: Heaven is my Home
First Line: You gave me life in the hope of eternity
Artist: Mike Harvie/ALM
Composer: Mike Harvie
Album: I am Future
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL:Yes, from CCL site
Popular sources: Too new yet

My thoughts: I'm getting wise to Kingsway's methods, before this was even posted I knew they were going to choose one from this new "yoof" ministry album, released in the last couple of days from the ALM stable.  And - shame on me - I had already decided it probably wasn't going to be my thing - a bit too grungie with rock guitars and shouty voices and I prefer the quiet, meditative stuff.  Well, yes, it is grungie, "yoofy" and shouty, but actually...I quite like it.  In fact, when I first saw the words and the music I thought it was maybe a slower number, but no, it's a dance and wave your arms around job.  The music is indeed marked as 145bpm, but I think this particular song is versatile and I could slow that right down to maybe 90bpm and see what it sounds like.  Seriously.  I do this a lot with choruses - speed them up and slow them down and sometimes they take on a whole new life.  So, I thank ALM for a new project, albeit brief.  And it is a mighty fine "anthemy" chorus with good words for the next generation of worshippers and all power to them.  (Albeit it reminds me a bit of 50 Ways to Say Goodbye.  I don't know if that's a good or bad thing!)

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 13th August inc.  To access, you must logon; or register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.

No comments:

Post a Comment