Monday 6 August 2012

Follow through

I realised today that I hadn't followed through on this blog about this.

For my own benefit at least, I don't want to go through this blog later and say to myself - well, what did happen?

Well, obviously, I'm still on duty so nothing dramatic happened, in fact it was extremely civilised (and doubtless a lot better than if I had had it out the day after it occurred)  In fact, I feel a bit shamed and humbled by one aspect; it was a total misunderstanding and I had unworthy thoughts of another individual and he a brother in Christ.  (That said, yesterday during the sermon the speaker said that they had been more hurt by the attitudes and actions by those in the church than those outside.  Their theory is you have higher expectations of those in the church.  They are probably right)

For reasons I won't go into, I cannot go see my friend, although I have been told I would be welcome.  Let's just say it's political and leave it at that.

I can only pray through the unease...

Although I want to keep this blog WL related - it was, in the beginning going to be purely factual and has ended up rather more personal - I am not immune to the disease of patriotism going round the country at the moment.  I love lawn tennis, and was overjoyed to see Murray finally get a title that really is as close to a Slam as he has got so far.

Just come into my head - that hymn I vow to thee, my country, a favourite of mine, albeit I think it is a bit abstract to sing on a Sunday morning.  I've always been moderately patriotic, but the "homesickness" I feel is not for England, or London, but a country far away, to which I will always be loyal and I will have to wait to be part of, and strive to be worthy of.

No comments:

Post a Comment