Wednesday 8 August 2012

Friends

I got an unexpected phone call, the first one on my new phone (which has got more stuff on it than I'll ever need, it even accepts certain apps - and it was a cheap phone!) - from my friend who's just got over an illness and operation (the one that, due to "political" reasons I won't go see at home).  Wonderful to hear from them, and sounding so chirpy too, but in the midst of the conversation I suddenly latched on to why I've been feeling uneasy lately.  I'm not the only one.

Strangely, later, I was sitting by the lake and trying out the radio on the phone, and I came across a station that was playing "I'll be there for you" - also known as the theme from Friends.  How apt, after the 10 minute convo earlier, and after I'd spent half to three quarters of an hour chatting to the Boss, and then my closest friend was there sitting beside me - my OH of course, who'd come out to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment