Wednesday 28 September 2011

Feel a little guilty...

I played my guitar a bit on Monday, just to check the submissions this week, one questionable one (maybe the key's too low), but I practiced for barely 20 minutes.  Didn't practice yesterday, the weather is absolutely glorious today, so maybe not this evening either.  Going out on a mission tomorrow (which may or may not include a new guitar), so I'm left with tiny windows in which to practice - tonight after sunset and maybe mid afternoon tomorrow.

After the service on Sunday, the clarinetist had a word from the Lord for me: "You're too hard on yourself" - but I don't want apathy to set in.  For the next couple of weeks, there's only 3 of us in the worship group, which may make things easier - or harder, depending on how well those two know the choruses I've picked.  Somehow I think having the larger group is easier, especially as I will be missing the flautist for two weeks - her good, strong, melody playing coupled with good rythmn.  (Rythmn is my weakness, and I frequently get the melody slightly wrong)

Hand it over to the Lord.  Wait.  Listen.  Hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment