Saturday 17 September 2011

Praise through the hard times

I learned a lot of what I do now at the feet (almost literally, she stood, I sat) of a wonderful local worship leader.  She's been through it, and you know that sometimes we have to go through the fire - how can we be refined otherwise?

She spoke of a time when she was experiencing health and personal problems and was crying out to God, who said to her clearly, "But you've praised Me throughout this, haven't you?"  Yes, she said, the only thing that keeps me going and the only thing that I can do when everything else fails.

When the evil one tries to tighten the grip of fear, worry, tension, heartache, adversity, resentment (list is not exhaustible) praise God and the devil will flee, leaving Jesus to heal the wounds that have been left behind.

Thursday night practice, I thought beforehand that I couldn't make it through, yet once there, I felt 2 Chron 20 in action.  The battle is the Lord's: stand therefore, do what you can do, if you can speak, if you can sing, you can praise.  I don't know how much the group knew of what was going on with me, I can say that at least one person there knew most of the story and stayed throughout even though they didn't have to (we both know why he did; and I thank the Lord for him), I don't think the rest of them could tell.  And that's how it should be: you can't let it show, because the enemy gets in again.

I am tired though.  I have harder work in my personal life now, but what else can I do except pick up my guitar and sing praises to my King, who is carrying me through this?

No comments:

Post a Comment