Wednesday 7 September 2011

Phew

4 chord sheets, 1 Musescore write up and 1 Musescore adjustment later, quick strum about and found they're pitched okay, and off they went to the group last night.

I like my choices this week, I think they are a good balance and fit together really well.  One of them is in rather begrudgingly because it is extremely difficult to lead effectively without the congregation trying to run away with it.  However - every time I tried to write it off the list, God found a place for it as choruses were re-arranged and re-chosen and still that "Praise Chorus/Hymn" gap remained.  As I believe He is trying to tell me something, I don't fight this any more.  If He's in there, it will go OK.

Got to pick the choruses for the final Friday, but this shouldn't take me too long, but I have actually picked the hymns/choruses for 18th September (I know what the theme is going to be), which was triggered by a song I heard on my MP3 player.  A couple of words about said MP3 player.  I only got it last week, and put 200 songs on it, most of which I had not heard as I didn't have time to listen to them on the CD - popped them on there so I don't have to hunt down my CD player and I can listen on my way to work.  Although my travel time isn't long (I get more of a chance if I go shopping 5 miles up the road on the bus, or when I go to singing lessons) it is proving to be an invaluable resource.  I heard the track, and discovered later it is around 20 years old (and helps that the person who wrote it is actually singing it, you get the artist's cut as it were, which is usually the best one), but I thought, oh this would be fab for the next installment of the series.

And if you're wondering why I always refer to choruses and hymns in the abstract, it's in case I change my mind (or God changes it) before the event.  Terribly anal I know, but I'm the worst for saying something will happen or be said and it all gets turned on its head.  Just lately, I've wanted to temper this.

No comments:

Post a Comment