Saturday 10 September 2011

Merging and drifting

Sometimes you can get two worship songs that just merge beautifully in the right way.  I'm not talking about those that can follow on directly from one another, I've done that a fair bit, I mean merge, when you drift from one to another then reprise the former and sometimes drift to the latter.

First attempt tomorrow - if the Spirit feels right.  I won't do it if the service doesn't seem to be going that way.  Would be a disappointment, but I figure I have some months, if not years, to get this right.

A worry at the moment is I'm feeling like I'm drifting spiritually, like I'm detached, like this is happening to someone else, that I'm being rather business like, duty bound if you will to do this, and horrors, having thoughts of dropping the whole thing out of "boredom".  I have had this before, many years ago, just before I backslid.  At least, I suppose, I'm recognising it this time, the old familiar thoughts, my old demons saying I'm not good enough, not worthy, this is a passing fad.

Lord, hold me tightly.  Don't let me go I plead.  But I know that He won't.  I originally wrote "this time", the old demons again, GO AWAY.  It wasn't He that let me go.  It was me that walked away.  I'm not going to walk away, I'm determined to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment