Friday 2 September 2011

Many gifts, one body

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. KJV 1611

Paul was talking about gifts of the spirit, but this can apply to gifts or talents in the church.

Musicians, "technically", are higher up the pecking order in church heirarchy.  Doubtless, in Corinth, there was this "I prophesy, but you only speak in tongues, nyah nyah nyah" going on.

Each has their own gift, or talent, to give to God, via the church.  But to "puffeth oneself up" is wrong, causes division, and hurt in some cases.

Pride is something I fight with all the time.  I try to remind myself that I'm not doing this for me, or the church, primarily, I'm doing it for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment