Monday 19 September 2011

Uncertainty

I came from a stressful job, so I should be used to pressure.  Never thought I'd feel it in my personal/social life, rather than my worklife (which is pretty much stress free, a blessing in this day and age)

As always, there is a "pivotal" hymn this week, and others have been chosen to surround them.  They slotted in like someone pencilling in the last 5 numbers on a sodoku puzzle....apart from one.

I don't know the pivotal hymn very well, but as always I feel the Spirit saying..."You DARE take that out..", so I guess I'm going to be obedient and learn it properly.  But that one isn't really the problem, at hymn number 2.  It's chorus number 5.

Chorus number 4 is a beautiful Brian Doerksen which fits nicely with the previous 3, and I just know the time is right for it.  It is in D usually, but found it pitched too high, so brought it down to Bb.  A worship chorus I know (chorus number 5) also in Bb seems to fit OK but I'm not so sure it is comfortable around the rest of the family.  I then decided, actually, Bb is too low for the BD so am trusting God and my singing tutor - and bringing it back up to D.  Meaning that the last one really does have to be in D, but actually I can safely say although, praise God, my voice is improving so I can sing D and E5 without squeaking, I have to consider the pew-sitters (who will be sitting by that point).

But do I want to change it at this late-ish hour?  May have to delay my normal despatch by a day whilst I have a pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment