Saturday 3 September 2011

A sacrifice - or no?

Next Friday will be the last time I "officially" worship lead at Bible study, I've given it to the other guitarist.

Something inside me is sorry, it was where it all began, and I feel I haven't really been doing it that long.  (3 or 4 months maybe, last 12 weeks has been every other week with Alpha).

I think I could well miss it, and I suspect that there will be plenty of opportunities to pick up either Alpha or Bible study worship, when the said guitarist or the pianist who does Alpha can't do it for whatever reason.   There's something special about the "cosyness" of a small group singing simple choruses or well-loved hymns, very free and easy, away from the more prayerful picks for Sunday.

Actually, I'm already missing it.  But my time on worship leading just for Sunday are somewhere between 20 and 30 hours a week, approx the same again, if not more, than the hours I work in my day job.  Something's gotta give, and Friday night Bible study was it.  It also gives me the option of not going to either, if I'm just tired out and need some quality time with the one I love.  God - have I made the right sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment